Short Glossary of Literary Terms - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > English Literature

English Literature Short stories, novels and poems...

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

Short Glossary of Literary Terms

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2015-01-28, 13:21   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
toulay
أستـاذة، مراقبة منتديات الانجليزية، والتّعليم الثّانوي

الصورة الرمزية toulay

الأوسمة
العضو المميز 
إحصائية العضو

B18 Short Glossary of Literary Terms

Peace be upon you
Today,I wanted to share with you this glossary of literary terms related to drama

Chorus:in Greek drama the chorus watched the action of the play and told the story.The modern meaning can be simply a group of people other than the hero or heroine.
Or a part of a song that is sung after each verse.

Masque:d r a m a t i c entertainment with dancing and music,performed at court and in rich people's houses in the 16th and 17th centuries.

Monologue:A speech by one person,with the basic meaning of a single person speaking alone-with or without an audience.Among its four main kinds,we can distinguish the following:

a-Soliloquy:In drama,an extended speech made by a solitary character expressing his thoughts aloud to himself and the audience.Hamlet's famous speech beginning "To be or not to be" is a soliloquy;see Macbeth's soliloquy in Murder Plot.

b-Dramatic Monologue:a poem in which there is no imaginary speaker addressing an imaginary audience.It usually occurs at a moment of great significance for the speaker-or recalls such a moment;and the main effect is usually to illustrate something unusual,or especially interesting,in the speaker's frame of mind,as in Browning's My Last Duchess.

Aside:words spoken by a character in a play,usually in an undertone,not intended to be heard by other characters on stage.Usually,aside is used to let the audience know what a character is actually thinking or feeling as opposed to what he/she pretends to be thinking or feeling.

Act:A main division in a play,itself divided into scenes.Traditionally,there are five acts in a play.

Scene:Edmund Chambers defines it as "a continuous section of action in an unchanged locality."

Stage Directions:notes incorporated in or added to the script of a play to indicate the moment of a character's appearance,character and manner;the style of delivery;the actor's movement;details of l o c a t i o n,scenery and effects.

Prologue:a speech at the beginning of a play or a book that introduces it.

Epilogue:an ending,or an extra part after the end of a book or play.Some of Shakespeare's plays have an epilogue addressed to the audience.

Crisis:the most important part of a play,when the action takes an important turn and the feelings of the audience are strongest.

Climax:the highest point in ascending series of crises;in fiction or drama,the point where tension is at its highest.

Anticlimax:a release in dramatic tension that follows the climax and annouces the denouement.

Denouement:the untying of the plot;the final resolution of the complications of the plot.

آخر تعديل نارينا 2015-05-27 في 23:58.
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2015-01-28, 19:37   رقم المشاركة : 2
معلومات العضو
whoseen
مشرف منتدى اللغة الانجليزية

الصورة الرمزية whoseen

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2015-01-29, 18:14   رقم المشاركة : 3
معلومات العضو
نارينا
عضو متألق

الأوسمة
أفضل عضو في الخيمة أفضل موضوع في القسم العام 
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

In fact you reminded me about the
ex - unforgettable years ...
When I was a college girl.....
We undertook Hamlet and We had to learn by heart all the above mentioned glossary .....
.How nice to remember it !!!

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الكلمات الدلالية (Tags)
glossary, literary, short, terms

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 23:25

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2024 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)