Who is the Good English Teacher - الصفحة 2 - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > Archives

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

Who is the Good English Teacher

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2008-05-30, 19:30   رقم المشاركة : 16
معلومات العضو
hairless17
مشرف سابق

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

why do you consider your teacher as a good teacher ?

قديم 2008-05-31, 15:28   رقم المشاركة : 17
معلومات العضو
restless
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي re who is the good teacher

Hello,
I am a novice to this forum and to forums in general,.. In fact, my student "smart" has invited me to this intellectual banquet.. so thanks so much .. I am so happy to be here.
I came across this big word "good teacher" or what I used to call the perfect teacher but to my humble opinion, no one is at that level... from the comments I read, I recognised that people tend to evaluate the teacher on how he could retain his class calm and make his pupils obey to discipline .. but this is not the only function of the teacher. This is more often than not the job of the policeman. From my short experience as a teacher, and from the accumulations of ELT literature. And most importantly, from the remarkable research of my pupils this year entitled "the profile of the good teacher" I think the good teacher is first and foremost a leader i.e. the good teacher is the one who fosters for closer relationships with his/ her students, the one who shows the way and gives the example, pays attention to discipline, and he who has the ability to deal effectively with discipline problems (some teachers try to retain control by shouting but it is not the way and I can give you an anecdote that happened to me this year. Once the problems start to arouse I suggested that they can form what I called "لجنة عقلاء" and it worked , and almost all the problems settled down afterwards ), besides cooperation with school employees and parents. The one who is ready to share and ready to listen leaving room for his pupils to share and to voice up whatever they have in their minds. In addition, Pedagogical competence is an other important factor. The professional teacher usestopics that will arouse interest or increase the students' commitment to learn the ********.Not to forget the declarative knowledge that he has to have. The traditional role of the teacher is as a resource person: "Teachers are proficient in English, are aware of the structure of the ********, and are able to explain it to learners"(?-). Not only knowing but knowing how: firstly, by fostering a classroom climate of trust, stress-free environment and a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.. because whenever there is stress, hatred to the subject matter none of the learning or teaching is going to take place. Another primordial quality is that of the manager: and that means aprofessional user of the means, uses and knows how to use enrichment materials(is familiar with technology-based resources). A manager of time, not loosing the slightest second. Choosing and providing the type of learning in class accordingly with students preferred styles and attitudes. Another quality is being reflective: reflects on his/ her teaching and re-assesses teaching practices. Teachers have to be sensitive and are always in search for the betterment. This entails another quality: Potential learner. Good teachers care for their self-development. They engage in every opportunity of in-service training . Yet other challenges we have to consider. In this changing environment teachers will have to seek for new ways of teaching. So he is also a problem solver: Coping with a changing pupil population. He has to innovate to confront the challenges of everyday teaching. We have to use our "own intuitive ability and experimental knowledge" to decide what works and what does not work.Not to forget that he is a professional evaluator, designing tests that are valid and reliable, and practical to administer and grade. And of course, he is a moral person when evaluating. Less important credential is the image: the image, the way he dresses and the way he speaks and I hope my student will talk about that quality more because they discussed it in details in class.
But we should perhaps do more as far as English ******** teaching is concerned (objective setting, goal achievement, decision making, problem solving, conflict solving, communication, commitment, responsibility, critique, providing autonomy… etc) all of which are essential skills that teachers need to grapple with all classroom difficulties. Especially in our region where foreign ********s are not a priority to our poor pupils. In so doing, teachers could successfully contribute to the shaping of ELT and the success of the pupils. Not only that but making the experience of teaching very exciting for our pupils first and for us possibly.
To sum it all: here is a quote from The Moroccan Teachers' Magazine:
"the role of the teacher is not only as that of an English teacher, but also as an educator, promoting and fostering the development of positive values, critical thinking and world knowledge"( M. T. association, 2002).

قديم 2008-05-31, 22:45   رقم المشاركة : 18
معلومات العضو
hairless17
مشرف سابق

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

welcome restles
i am very glad to see you here
thanks for the good participation
I understand now where the good pupil smat comes from
feel at home here in this space

قديم 2008-05-31, 23:36   رقم المشاركة : 19
معلومات العضو
smart
مشرف سابق

الصورة الرمزية smart

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

you get me now hairless
thank you so much my teacher for coming
and for the wonderful participation
enjoy being with us

قديم 2008-06-01, 09:16   رقم المشاركة : 20
معلومات العضو
hairless17
مشرف سابق

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

you are all the source of our happiness

قديم 2008-06-01, 11:22   رقم المشاركة : 21
معلومات العضو
smart
مشرف سابق

الصورة الرمزية smart

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

thanks a lot you are so kind hairless

قديم 2008-06-01, 15:20   رقم المشاركة : 22
معلومات العضو
hairless17
مشرف سابق

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

this real you are welcome

قديم 2008-06-01, 20:35   رقم المشاركة : 23
معلومات العضو
restless
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

hello again,
thanks for the compliments notwithstanding I don't think I deserve that ... anyway, I am very happy to join you and share with you your interesting topics..
I am still looking for the do's and the do nots of the forum and I am afraid that my participation was too wordy..
anyway, .. please hairless, smart and the others tell me if I am not suiting to the tenets...
thanks again

قديم 2008-06-01, 23:17   رقم المشاركة : 24
معلومات العضو
smart
مشرف سابق

الصورة الرمزية smart

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

you are welcome mr,restless
your participation was great and really,you proved your point of view
please ,join us to share with us our dicussions

قديم 2008-06-01, 23:36   رقم المشاركة : 25
معلومات العضو
hairless17
مشرف سابق

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

not at all
your participation was great
we are waiting for new topics

قديم 2008-06-03, 15:08   رقم المشاركة : 26
معلومات العضو
أم بدر الدين
عضو برونزي

الصورة الرمزية أم بدر الدين

الأوسمة
وسام الحفظ وسام الحفظ وسام أحسن موضوع 
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

according to me a good teacher must be and must do the following things.........

A great teacher Interacts with the child (physically, and mentally)
A great teacher gives affection to the pupils, makes them understand what emotion is.
A great teacher smiles to his/her pupils even when they screw him up.
A great teacher teaches not only **** book materials but also The truth that's happening outside. Practice balanced with theory.
A great teacher dedicates him/herself to the job. They made a commitment. Then they have to do it.
A great teacher understands that a child is not only a tiny bundle of joy that can cry, smile, laugh. He/she must understand that in front of him stands a true miracle of life.

قديم 2008-06-03, 20:18   رقم المشاركة : 27
معلومات العضو
hairless17
مشرف سابق

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

you are really lightenining the forum
keep on

قديم 2008-06-03, 21:33   رقم المشاركة : 28
معلومات العضو
أم بدر الدين
عضو برونزي

الأوسمة
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

ok sir i 'll serve this forum because i feel that i have to do it thank you

قديم 2008-06-03, 23:44   رقم المشاركة : 29
معلومات العضو
hairless17
مشرف سابق

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

and we are waiting such nice participations

قديم 2008-06-04, 12:40   رقم المشاركة : 30
معلومات العضو
أم بدر الدين
عضو برونزي

الأوسمة
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

wait for more ...you will read and See all what is fabulous ..thank you

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 16:58

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2024 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)