The Most Used Phrases in English Conversation - الصفحة 2 - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > English Learning

English Learning Ask questions about English grammar, vocabulary, usage and idioms..

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

The Most Used Phrases in English Conversation

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:22   رقم المشاركة : 16
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Thanks, I’ve been keeping busy – just a standard response to a standard greeting with little or no direct meaning.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:23   رقم المشاركة : 17
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Thanks for asking, I’m fine, how are you? – a typical response and counter-question to a greeting phrase ‘how are you?’

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:23   رقم المشاركة : 18
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Sorry, I didn’t catch that? – the verb “to catch” in this context means “to understand”, so this English small talk response phrase means “Sorry, I didn’t understand what you just said?” – it’s just that in conversational English we use these type of slang words to make it sound friendlier and easier to understand!

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:24   رقم المشاركة : 19
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Help yourself! – this English small talk phrase is one of the traditional phrases you’ll find in all English phrase-books, and it’s an encouraging phrase used to let the other person know that they can go ahead with the action in question. Typically this is used as a response when the other person is asking for permission to take something, and then you tell them that they can certainly do it: “Sorry, do you mind if I take this *****e? Everyone seems to have taken theirs…” – “Sure, help yourself!”

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:24   رقم المشاركة : 20
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Where were we? – imagine a situation when you’re speaking with someone, and then somehow you’re getting side-tracked and you veer off the original subject, or it could be that some other person distracts you and you forget where you left off. Now, this is the typical phrase to be used in situations like these – you’re basically asking your conversation partner what it was that you were talking about last.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:25   رقم المشاركة : 21
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

How’s that sound for you? – let’s say for argument’s sake, you’re proposing something to your conversation partner. Well, in this case this small talk phrase is ideal to ask for their opinion on your proposal! Here’s an example: “Listen, I know what we’re doing tonight. Let’s go to the movies, there’s a new blockbuster out! How’s that sound for you?”

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:25   رقم المشاركة : 22
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

…if that’s alright with you? – you can attach this small talk bit at the end of your sentence to ask for the other person’s permission. Let’s imagine for a second you’re telling your work colleague you have to leave your desk for a few minutes, but you just want to be sure he’s OK with that. So here’s what you say “Listen Jimmy, I’m gonna leave my desk for a few minutes to make a really important phone call if that’s alright with you?”

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:25   رقم المشاركة : 23
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Hi, how are you doing? It’s good to see you! – a typical response to a greeting from someone you haven’t seen for a while.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:26   رقم المشاركة : 24
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Can’t complain – a response to a standard greeting like ‘How are you?’ It’s not as exciting phrase as ‘Thanks, I’m great!’ but it doesn’t mean you’re having some problems in your life.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:26   رقم المشاركة : 25
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Can you say it again, please? – a request to repeat the question if you didn’t understand what was said. This can also be used when the native speaking person speaks a bit too fast – they should get the hint and slow down a bit. But if they don’t, you can ask a more direct question:

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:26   رقم المشاركة : 26
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Can you slow it down a bit, please?

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:27   رقم المشاركة : 27
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

And how about you? – a typical response when you’re not sure what to ask next so you’re asking the other person the same think they asked you. You can respond with this counter-greeting on nearly all standard greetings.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:27   رقم المشاركة : 28
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

To the best of my knowledge … – when you’re 99% sure about the statement you’re making. Also a good start of a response you want to take a bit more time to consider what you’re going to say.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2019-10-30, 05:36   رقم المشاركة : 29
معلومات العضو
oussgamer
عضو مشارك

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Thank youuuu

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 07:26

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2023 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)