When I was going through bad times - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > English Club

English Club Discussions and debate about life, news and events..etc

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

When I was going through bad times

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2022-05-05, 11:00   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
AbuHossam
عضو مميّز

الصورة الرمزية AbuHossam

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي When I was going through bad times

I stopped begging people for favours or money since 2016 after I read a book about blood donors. That book totally changed my perception about GIVING. It wasn't as if I learned something exceptionally new from it but it ministered to me in a certain way when I was going through bad times.

It felt at that time as if I was reading the bible.

One spectacular thing I saw in the book was that O+ blood donors can give blood to everyone in other blood groups. I have not bothered since then to find out the genuineness of this claim because I got a different orientation from it. I am O positive. The message for me was, I cannot be made to give and then begin to beg. May God forbid that!

I wish I had read that book when I was in my twenties. Perhaps I would never have suffered all the pains of rejection, mockery, embarrassments, humiliation etc in the past.

I rushed to tell my wife about my new discovery and she was not as convinced in her spirit about my claim in relation to what I read in the book.

"Just believe me Honey." I tried to convince her. "I am O positive, same as you. We are made to GIVE not BEG. All that I am saying is that I will never beg anyone for anything again. If it becomes too bad, I will look up to God and beg Him to come to my rescue."

My wife nodded and wished me luck.

Before I arrived at this point, I had to recall retrospectively about my past experiences. People hardly ever gave me anything if I begged them for it. The most painful of all is the humiliation that was usually associated with it for me.

"Do you know that Japheth called me yesterday begging for money?"

This was the kind of reaction I usually got from people when I went seeking help from them. It seemed that people were usually happy to announce my predicaments to the world. It gave them unusual orgasmic tingling sensations to know that I was still beneath them. In the past, it meant nothing to me at that time but it did after I read the book.

I noticed that my experiences were somewhat similar with my wife's. She never got help from people whenever she desperately needed it. One day, she needed five thousand naira for her personal use years ago and she decided to call a relative of hers. She had never asked the lady for anything before. According to her, she was optimistic that for their blood ties, her relative would understand.

"Please I have an urgent need. It's five thousand naira. Can you please help me with it? I will pay you back in a week time." She told her relative.

When the lady said she didn't have the money to give her, my wife felt bad and could not muster the guts to ask anyone else. However, that evening, one of her adult students brought three of her friends to school for registration into the adult class. Each of the new students paid four thousand naira!

My wife never knew that God had arranged something for her. If she did, she would never have called anyone. When we have challenges and we look DOWN, we will continue to see more and more challenges with their offspring rearing their ugly heads. And this will further drown us in hopelessness and depression. But when we look UP, we will see hope and the face of God. Remember, rainbows appear UP in the sky not DOWN under our feet. Remember it doesn't rain from DOWN to UP.

Three days after that experience, my wife got a call from her mother.

"Why did you not call to tell me you needed anything?" The older woman quipped rather agitatedly. "Your relative called me and said you needed financial assistance."

My wife felt terribly embarrassed hearing that. She wondered why her relative would go so low to the extent of contacting her mother?

"If I wanted to let you know, I would have called you." My wife responded miserably.

"Please, call me next time anything of such comes up. I will understand. Not everyone will understand how rough and tough life could be but I am your mother and should know better. And remember not to share such sensitive issues with everyone because they could use it to mock you."

Pain sank into my wife's heart further when she was told in the exact tone of mockery with which her relative had asked; "what is her husband even doing that she's begging for five thousand naira?"

That night, my wife believed and understood the ideology I'd developed from reading the book about blood donors.

"I think you are right about the blood group issue. I'm O positive too. I should be a giver not a beggar."

I was glad that our mentality changed completely afterwards. Since then, my wife stopped asking anyone; even her parents or brothers for anything. I think I tried it once and I was further convinced that truly I was made to GIVE indeed.

One of the first things I try to do whenever I am convinced about anything is to introduce it to my wife. She is the closest friend I have and we both share same emotions. If I can't convince her to go the same direction with me then we can't sail the boat smoothly together. This new ideology of GIVING is working perfectly for me because we both believe in it.

There are people out there that have not really discovered that they are not what they should be because they have not yet discovered who they are. Some people are meant to be employers of labour but fear makes them carry files from one office to the other. If they are given the job, they will suddenly discover that their being employed entraps them and robs them of their happiness and self satisfaction. How some of such people choose to hang on instead of breaking free baffles me. If you are not carved out for something, forget it even though it's working for some people. If you are meant to give, don't beg because people will trample on you and treat you as trash. There are people who enjoy such privileges. People just love to give to such privileged individuals and watch them scream in excitement. Don't put yourself in that league if you don't belong there.

When I convinced my wife about it, she summoned some of our teachers and emptied her box of used clothing. Today, I can't count the number of wrappers sent from many of my fans to her. Even right now, I have four different wrappers in my bag given to me by fans to give her.

Try this if you are in our shoes. Empty that box with joy and true love, share with the people who need it most from you. The smiles you sow in their faces will return to you. Anything you give out genuinely to people in need of it will surely return back in multiple folds. Old things can't pass away if you zipped them up in boxes. All things become new only when you let go of the old ones!

Japheth Prosper April22

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 08:35

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2023 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)