naun clause - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > English Learning

English Learning Ask questions about English grammar, vocabulary, usage and idioms..

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

naun clause

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2013-01-31, 18:03   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
sarrah27
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

Mh04 naun clause

Noun Clauses

A noun clause does the work of a noun. We have seen that a noun serves five purposes, so does a noun clause. Given below are pairs of sentences having similar meanings. One of each pair is constructed with a noun. The other is constructed with a noun clause.
As the subject of a verb
The story was true. (Here the noun story serves as the subject of the verb was.)
What he said was true. (Here the clause ‘what he said’ serves as the subject of the verb was.)
As the object of a finite verb, participle or infinitive
He told me a story. (Here the noun story is the object of the verb told.)
He told me that he was going. (Here the noun clause ‘that he was going’ is the object of the verb told.)
As the object of a preposition
Pay attention to my story. (Here the noun story is the object of the preposition to.)
Pay attention to what I say. (Here the noun clause ‘what I say’ is the object of the preposition to.)
Subject complement
My brother is a doctor. (Here the noun doctor is the complement of the subject my brother.)
My belief is that he would pass. (Here the noun clause ‘that he would pass’ is the complement of the subject belief.)
In opposition to a noun or pronoun
Alice, my sister, lives abroad. (Here the noun my sister is in opposition to the noun Alice.)
The news that he won made us happy. (Here the noun clause ‘that he won’ is in opposition to the noun news.)
How to construct a sentence having a noun clause
Making a sentence having a noun clause is very simple. One of the ways is to begin a sentence like this:
He says that…
Whatever clause you put after ‘that’ will automatically become a noun clause.
He says that he is not interested in the offer. (Noun clause – that he is not interested in the offer.)
Instead of say you can use any of the following verbs:
Know, believe, think, realize, feel, hope, wish, understand, see, notice, find, discover, hear, listen, say, tell, ask, request, order, explain, suggest etc.
He suggested that I should consult a doctor. (Noun clause – that I should consult a doctor)
I think that he is a traitor. (Noun clause – that he is a traitor)
I discovered that he was cheating me. (Noun clause – that he was cheating me)
I heard that he had won the match. (Noun clause – That He had won the match)

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-02-05, 01:43   رقم المشاركة : 2
معلومات العضو
bluewater007
عضو نشيط

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

that is correct yes

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الكلمات الدلالية (Tags)
clause, naun

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 14:23

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2023 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)