About Oxford Advanced learners Dictionary - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > Members writings

Members writings Members creative essays, poems and prose..

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

About Oxford Advanced learners Dictionary

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2012-09-30, 11:23   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
Karim-Rap-4-Life
مشرف سابق

الصورة الرمزية Karim-Rap-4-Life

الأوسمة
العضو المميز لسنة 2013 وسام التميز في منتدى الإنجليزية المرتبة الثالثة 
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي About Oxford Advanced learners Dictionary

Hello everybody today I came up with a topic talking about a very interesting Dictionary that advanced learners of English L a n g u a g e need in order to develop their knowledge about various elements that has a relationship with English L a n g u a g e The user of the “Oxford Advanced learners dictionary” will notice that it has many sections each section is specialized to provide a certain information for example we’ve the “cultural guide” you may find some biographies and definitions to literary streams and Writers maybe actors but in a very precise way and this is why I urge everybody to download it coz he will benefit from it consider it as a small encyclopaedia.
Now let’s take a look to it just try to skim through the pictures to understand how this dictionary is well organized and beneficial to the L a n g u a g e acquisition Career.

1. Now here we have an empty desk of the Computer we have the colored icon of the dictionary so we click on it then see what we will see.

Now the “Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary” is being loaded you see.

Now here we have the 1st interface of the dictionary as you see there are four main sections

Dictionary, Word finder, Cultural guide, Oxford Genie

So let’s start with the Dictionary section, we are going to illustrate with an example so let’s choose a word and type it then see the results. As an illustration we choose the word “smart” here we have the results in the following picture.

As you see in the picture the word “smart” is defined giving a details in the left side we have the “head words” in the middle of the page we see the Icon of “sound” which means Phonetic how this word is pronounced in American English and British English.

In the right side we see a section called “word origin” so just read and see the word you’re looking for is it a word from old English or modern….etc whether it’s of another L a n g u a g e origin like some words are a French words originally.

In The “word finder” section the words are classified Alphabetically from A to Z…etc

Here we see the section of the “Oxford Genie” which is a smallest dictionary it’s supplied with the sound system so that you can hear how every word is articulated and pronounced.

In the bottom of the page see there are four additional sections mentioned as the following.

Advanced Search, Exercises, Oxford 3000, Know How

This picture is depicting the section of the “Advanced Search” if you type the word “Back” then you launch the search you will have a list of compound words, complex words containing the word you have selected to look for just as it is explained in the picture above.

This section is providing some corrected exercises as you see the left part above there are Nine topics so if you choose one of them you have another list of exercises for example if you choose Phrasal verb you’ll have a long list of phrasal verbs then in the right part of the page you get the exercises.

This section is providing for about 3000 words that are most useful in the learning procedure but it’s divided into Five categories as the followings pictures show:

The student has started to type I working here since three... and has then paused. The program has looked in its database and looked for the three last words typed: three, for/since, here. This is how it was able to suggest these three correctly formed examples.

So ladies and Gentlemen I hope this dictionary was well represented precisely coz the one who will have a chance to get it and install it will see the “Help” section but it’s wide explained and it’s explained in a long details. I’ve just decided to show it you as fast as I can because I know that is very useful and it’s the best dictionary I’ve seen ever you can find Cambridge Dictionary and so many other dictionaries but believe it or not this is the one.

The proposition:

I’ve this dictionary and I want to uploaded it in any site so as you can download it coz I’ve been searching for it in the libraries but I did not get it; then if some one find it can’t buy it only I mean only the CD no you may buy it but only with the Book and it’s expensive I think so I’m going to find a way to upload it in the net then when It’s finished I’ll try to inform you about the link or where you can find it

This topic is represented and organized by;

Karim_Rap_4_Life

so don't forget to click on the Thank you Button heheheheheheh

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-09-30, 16:43   رقم المشاركة : 2
معلومات العضو
Black_Poison
عضو محترف

الصورة الرمزية Black_Poison

الأوسمة
المرتبة الثانية 
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Upload it now................or deal with consequences

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-09-30, 16:48   رقم المشاركة : 3
معلومات العضو
Black_Poison
عضو محترف

الصورة الرمزية Black_Poison

الأوسمة
المرتبة الثانية 
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

i would like to say congratulation for this new topic
great and helpful as always
i like that dictionnary
it would be really helpful for my English ********
cuz it provides more than just words and synonymes
really great information like cutural guide wich makes it perfect for the advanced levels
i really hope we can find that soon

Thank you brother
Sorry i'm outta thank you s button hhhhh
i'll make sure to click it later

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-09-30, 17:20   رقم المشاركة : 4
معلومات العضو
Karim-Rap-4-Life
مشرف سابق

الأوسمة
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

hey Fadwa How are you doing

Wlh that's my intention to make all of you benefit from it believe I have been using these dictionary since 2007 I really work with it it's very amazing

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-09-30, 18:05   رقم المشاركة : 5
معلومات العضو
Hind_dz
عضو مميّز

الصورة الرمزية Hind_dz

الأوسمة
الموضوع المميز لسنة 2013 
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

it seems great

I bought an Oxford dictionary just yesterday but I don't think it's the advanced one hhhhhhh

congratulations 4 the first topic of this membership n u got a thank u from me hhhh

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-09-30, 18:28   رقم المشاركة : 6
معلومات العضو
Karim-Rap-4-Life
مشرف سابق

الأوسمة
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

yeah hind you're welcome sis
I think you bought this one

https://www3.0zz0.com/2012/09/30/09/314156568.jpg

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-10-01, 16:36   رقم المشاركة : 7
معلومات العضو
miss.cool
عضو مميّز

الصورة الرمزية miss.cool

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

?????i wonder if the Oxford dictionnary have a definintion for that

im sorrryyyyy

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-10-01, 17:55   رقم المشاركة : 8
معلومات العضو
Karim-Rap-4-Life
مشرف سابق

الأوسمة
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's cool but I can advice you to take a look in a very good Dictionary

it's called
Advanced Crazy people Dictionary

there you find everything
peace

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الكلمات الدلالية (Tags)
advanced, dictionary, learners, oxford

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 06:03

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2024 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)