how do you cheer a sad person ? - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > English Club

English Club Discussions and debate about life, news and events..etc

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

how do you cheer a sad person ?

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2012-04-04, 15:19   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
.kiki
عضو مميّز

الصورة الرمزية .kiki

إحصائية العضو

B8 how do you cheer a sad person ?

Peace be up on you all English club members.. how do you do? how's life with you guys

emmm, I needed help, and I didn't know where to go, so I decided to poste this topic here, maybe I get some answers..
so, guys, I have a friend who's passing through a difficult period, problems and headaches are a title to my friend's life now.. and when we're togethre, I feel I should cheer her up, maybe make her laugh or something.. just to wash away the sadness in her face.. I don't know how to do that! every time I see her so down and low, I become like her.. though I should make her feel that I'm there for her..
what would you tell a person in this situation ? I'm lost

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-04-04, 20:51   رقم المشاركة : 2
معلومات العضو
.kiki
عضو مميّز

الصورة الرمزية .kiki

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

yeah friends.. very helpful !!

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-04-04, 21:48   رقم المشاركة : 3
معلومات العضو
hind 306
عضو مبـدع

الصورة الرمزية hind 306

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

so if she s really your friend you will find a solution to make her happy i m shur
and sorry because i can t help you as you know your friend more than me and you know how you cheer her up
and good luck

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-04-08, 10:07   رقم المشاركة : 4
معلومات العضو
maymay
عضو محترف

الصورة الرمزية maymay

إحصائية العضو

Flower2

Hey sweetyyy,I m sorry,i just saw your topic,I would've replied earlier,but better late than never...

So,I have some steps for you so you can make your friend feel better,perhaps you read them before but they seem very efficient,a bit long,but efficient...so here they are

Listen to Their Problems

1Understand their problems. Do you know why they're sad? Sometimes having a sympathetic ear
is all someone needs to feel a bit better. Pull up a chair, and give them a shoulder to cry on.
2Wait for them to open up. Don't try to pry information out of the person. Be patient and let the speaker acquire his or her full flow of thoughts, feelings and ideas. Keep yourself in their shoes and try to estimate why they are in such a situation.
3Never interrupt them in the middle of their story. Unless there is a pause that tells you commentary is okay, restrict your comments to one word responses like "Oh" and "Man." Otherwise, they may feel even worse because it will seem like they aren't being given a chance to be heard.

Help Create Solutions to Problems

1Give them advice. After figuring out what the problem is, take a little bit of time to deliberate over what their best course of action is and tell them.
Do not give unsolicited advice though. Sometimes, people will make it obvious when they just need someone to listen without offering an opinion. Also, if you offer advice which proves to be unsuccessful, they might blame you.
2Always be honest. The worst thing you can do to someone in such a fragile state is lie. People who are feeling down are more likely to be distrusting or feeling negative towards others to begin with.
3Brainstorm with the person. Sometimes there is no clear-cut right answer to a problem. In this case, try to help the person mull over all the alternatives so that they can reach a conclusion either with you or on their own. Even for very simple questions, it can be beneficial to help the person develop their own advice, if only for the reason that they are more likely to take it.
4Refer them to someone else. You don't need to have the answers to everything. Directing them to a more knowledgeable source--whether it be another friend, a book or a website, can often be more helpful than giving them inaccurate or unhelpful advice.

Offer Them Something

1Give them your time. Run an errand for them, do their laundry or offer to **** dinner. Spending time helping someone who does not feel up to certain tasks shows them how much you value their friendship and will make them feel better.
2Give them a hug. Sometimes, we all just need a hug. Studies have also shown that physical touch also releases two feel good chemicals, serotonin and dopamine.
3Give them something to drink. Soda or coffee may be a good option since caffeine is a natural mood enhancer. Even a bottle of water might help since dehydration can cause a variety of problems, including chemical and emotional imbalances.
4Give them a gift. Sometimes, having something cute to hug or hold onto like a stuffed animal can be a good way to cheer a person up. Scented stress relief candles and chocolate are also good options.

Take Their Mind Off the Problem

1Try to make them smile. Make them smile by reminding them how much you care about them, or crack a light joke that will make things seem lighter. Sometimes making light of a situation, even a difficult one, can make a person feel better.
2Take them out. Sitting in the house and sulking will not make a person feel better. Convince your friend to get in some nice clothes and take them out for the night. Getting out of the house and talking with new people will likely make them feel better.
3Watch a movie with them. Slip in one of your favorite comedies or go out and rent one. This is great way to at least temporarily take someone's mind off a problem.
4Stop talking about the problem. If they try to bring up the problem after you've talked about it, see if you can gently steer the conversation towards something else. If you talk about why they are feeling bad, it will likely emphasize the sadness.
If they are insistent on talking about it, do not minimize the problem by saying something like, "Get over it, it's not that bad." It will undo everything you've just worked for. Instead, give them some time to get their bearings and then try saying something like, "Don't let it drag you down." See how they respond to it. Assess the severity of their situation and then go from there.
? 5Don't be sad yourself. If you are down in the dumps, how are you going to cheer up your friend
Help them out and do as much as you can for them so they still know that you care about them. This gains trust and could benefit you in the future.

Being honest is the best decision in the long run for most cases, but there are times when being honest can cause someone to hurt or even kill themselves and others. When giving advice, remember to take into account just how bad off they are.
You do not always need to give someone advice. Oftentimes, all they want is someone that will listen. Listen to their problems and let them vent, and then remind them that this rough time period will soon pass

Hope your friends will feel better when you apply these words,but believe me,I m sooo sure that she feels better way more when she just sees you....

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-04-09, 19:18   رقم المشاركة : 5
معلومات العضو
.kiki
عضو مميّز

الصورة الرمزية .kiki

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

hhhh Oh my darling, have I toled you you're the best before? wel.. You are
thnx a million.. those were really very good steps.. I will definitely try some of them next time when "everyone" is sad hh (some of them coz apparently some other are impossible to apply hh) thank you honey, really.. that was very helpful

it was good to see you today by the way, though it wasn't enough for me, but still..
waiting for that sooooooooong hh
take care!

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-04-09, 19:56   رقم المشاركة : 6
معلومات العضو
maymay
عضو محترف

الصورة الرمزية maymay

إحصائية العضو

Talking

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة .kiki مشاهدة المشاركة
hhhh Oh my darling, have I toled you you're the best before? wel.. You are
thnx a million.. those were really very good steps.. I will definitely try some of them next time when "everyone" is sad hh (some of them coz apparently some other are impossible to apply hh) thank you honey, really.. that was very helpful

it was good to see you today by the way, though it wasn't enough for me, but still..
waiting for that sooooooooong hh
take care!

HIHIHI...it's not the right time to apply "those others"but it will be soon nchallah...I kept having flash backs about today and i enjoyed every moment of it and now i even miss you more...See ya soon inchallah

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-04-18, 16:43   رقم المشاركة : 7
معلومات العضو
حنيني24
عضو مميّز

الصورة الرمزية حنيني24

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

If you want to make her or any body happy make him draw closer
to ALLAH
because happines comes close to ALLAH

+
alistighfar

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الكلمات الدلالية (Tags)
cheer, person

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 00:45

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2024 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)