The Nevertheless and However - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > English Learning

English Learning Ask questions about English grammar, vocabulary, usage and idioms..

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

The Nevertheless and However

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2012-01-19, 11:37   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
صهيب البتار
محظور

إحصائية العضو

M001 The Nevertheless and However

Difference between nevertheless and however.

We use both of them to show contradiction between two ideas or more, but while "nevertheless" show contrast, it also shows that deferent ideas are coexist together, and "however" shows that the idea follow it is the one that speakers target, and the one that cancel any other ideas contrast with it.

?Am I right

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-01-20, 00:21   رقم المشاركة : 2
معلومات العضو
أم ريان الجنة
عضو محترف

الصورة الرمزية أم ريان الجنة

الأوسمة
وسام ثالث أحسن عضو 
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

can be that you're right

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-01-20, 10:09   رقم المشاركة : 3
معلومات العضو
نوفل الوارسنيسي
محظور

إحصائية العضو

M001

Yeh, you are strongly right
Don't believe any one has doubt in it
East West
You are the best

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-01-20, 10:47   رقم المشاركة : 4
معلومات العضو
maymay
عضو محترف

الصورة الرمزية maymay

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Not really Sir,because"Nevertheless" is a transition Like "However" that links two clauses, showing a logical relationship between them yet "Nevertheless" indicates concession I mean something that is unexpected or surprising like saying:"I'm afraid of flying nevertheless I take the airplane once a month to Algiers".the second statement is a surprise so we can use Nevertheless.On the other hand, "However" can indicate both concession and contrast like saying:"I live in Algeria however my best friend lives in England".So, you can always replace "nevertheless" with "however," but you can't always replace "however" with "nevertheless"....I hope you can see the difference now

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-01-20, 17:32   رقم المشاركة : 5
معلومات العضو
صهيب البتار
محظور

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة maymay مشاهدة المشاركة
Not really Sir,because"Nevertheless" is a transition Like "However" that links two clauses, showing a logical relationship between them yet "Nevertheless" indicates concession I mean something that is unexpected or surprising like saying:"I'm afraid of flying nevertheless I take the airplane once a month to Algiers".the second statement is a surprise so we can use Nevertheless.On the other hand, "However" can indicate both concession and contrast like saying:"I live in Algeria however my best friend lives in England".So, you can always replace "nevertheless" with "however," but you can't always replace "however" with "nevertheless"....I hope you can see the difference now

This is a new idea
but
it has no thing to do with mine

if you want to correct me
just
check my idea "analyse it", and tell me where I am wrong
and where I am not

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-01-21, 10:43   رقم المشاركة : 6
معلومات العضو
maymay
عضو محترف

الصورة الرمزية maymay

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

So you didn't quit like the first review,allright,here's an other one...About your idea,it's reversed actually,because "Nevertheless" is used when the second state or argument is not negotiable meaning that it "cancels any other idea"as you put it..but "However" is used when the argument or the state is negotiable ya3ni "the 2 ideas can coexist together"...Hope I helped now..

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-02-17, 20:22   رقم المشاركة : 7
معلومات العضو
khalilnanou
عضو مشارك

الصورة الرمزية khalilnanou

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

u r damnnnnnnn right sis keep on dat way

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2012-02-18, 09:16   رقم المشاركة : 8
معلومات العضو
صهيب البتار
محظور

إحصائية العضو

Exclamation

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة khalilnanou مشاهدة المشاركة
u r damnnnnnnn right sis keep on dat way
meaning + less

!!!!!!!!

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 18:33

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2024 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)