Can you tell us how education affects you? - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > English Club

English Club Discussions and debate about life, news and events..etc

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

Can you tell us how education affects you?

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2015-07-13, 19:25   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
kmus
عضو مشارك

إحصائية العضو

B1 Can you tell us how education affects you?

First of all, I want to remind everyone that this part of the forum (English club) is
about debate on news, events and life issues.

Today, I want to start a discussion about Education.
Education is a matter that concerns both individuals and society. As a matter of
fact governments usually has a complete ministry for education only, and parents send
their children to school at an early age to get educated in full-time
(almost like a employee ).

Every student from elementary school to university and even beyond is aiming for
an education. The main motivation for education maybe, at least in
Algeria, to earn a living while holding a descent job. Education should be
more than that.

What I want to discuss here is, "from your own experience" how do you see
education affecting/shaping yourself and your life?
in other words, what changes did you experience along your education journey
and how beneficial do you found them?

It may not be obvious to answer this question since changes may not be noticeable
over a *long period. That is why please dig deep into your memory and bring up your
thoughts about education effects on you.

Please be realistic and factual. Answering with a list and using examples would be
very convenient. Do not forget to mention your education level: high school, university,
grad school, ... maybe your major(specialty) is relevant too.

I look forward to see as much contributions as views.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2015-07-15, 08:17   رقم المشاركة : 2
معلومات العضو
الميستر حشيشة
عضو مميّز

الصورة الرمزية الميستر حشيشة

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Hello my friend
thank you for bringing this precious topic here
well emm
i got a lot of benefits of course
and i'm not going to lie
i study just to get a job in the future that is outside Algeria
I used to be brilliant when i was in the elementary school
but that changed when i moved to the Middle School
cos we had some family troubles and i couldn't concentrate on it as i used to be
Middle school was a good experience
i mean, knowing friends
knowing what's right & what's wrong
and then i moved to the Secondary School
first year nothing to mention
but the second year, the Philosophy changed my vision
like, i see the world so different although i'm not good at it that much xD
and next year i have BAC so wish me luck bro
how about you ? what's your story ?

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2015-08-13, 21:11   رقم المشاركة : 3
معلومات العضو
atheena
عضو نشيط

الصورة الرمزية atheena

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

helle thank you my friend for brining us such a great topic
well elementary school i was not a good student because my techer
she was prefering a group of student unlike us
but when i entered the middle school my life changed i was brilliant student and i met new friends
and now i entered the secondary school my first year was amazing and now i m looking forward to my second year hoping it will be the greatest and thank you again

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2015-08-13, 23:09   رقم المشاركة : 4
معلومات العضو
twilight sparkle
عضو جديد

الصورة الرمزية twilight sparkle

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Hello bro, well this is an important topic to go through, I've just got my baccalaureate exam and next month I'll be in medicine college. In my opinion education is more about ethics than just to get carrier in your future life,though the second is important as well but to establish a good living u need principals and ethics.For me personally all my teachers along elementary, middle or high school have always insisted on the moral side and how much it's crucial in our future life and honestly it's part of their job wich they should keep doing and focusing on and from the topics they used to give advice for : your attitude and the way you should treat others coz it's somehow the way you'll be treated, the importance of mutal respect, the importance of building your own personality without being .
influenced by negative elements around you and so on
These lessons have shaped the way I'll be stepping along my whole life and affected lot of decisions in my personal life.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2015-08-14, 12:19   رقم المشاركة : 5
معلومات العضو
kmus
عضو مشارك

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Yes moral and ethics among others are a an important benefit of education.
It seems that I need to reformulate the question to make thing more clear.
Imagine someone who have never studied or had only attended few school years (to be
realistic). You meet this guy and he asks you what he had missed? You have to be convincing.
I once read that "education is what remains when one has forgotten what one has learned
in school" (Albert Einstein). What do remain from your past school years or life years?
I am somewhat out of school and can not find the answer easily (this is one
reason for bringing this topic up). If you are still in school this is a good
reason to answer the question for it will help to benefit better from
what is still to come.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2015-08-14, 20:35   رقم المشاركة : 6
معلومات العضو
Karim-Rap-4-Life
مشرف سابق

الصورة الرمزية Karim-Rap-4-Life

الأوسمة
العضو المميز لسنة 2013 وسام التميز في منتدى الإنجليزية المرتبة الثالثة 
إحصائية العضو

Mh51

Hello,
I’m karim, I studied English and graduated in 2011. My diplomat is not specified like it should be in other towns such as British / American literature or linguistics…etc. anyway.
Starting with my elementary school; it was a fantasy. I was a dreamer with every lesson I took I dreamt and tried to live it and sometimes was wondering why we did not live like them! Oh that’s strange.
I benefited a lot from my education especially the secondary school. At the secondary level I learnt drawing by heart that was my best subject along with Mathematics and English. I wanted to study one of ‘em but I couldn’t first, coz I was literary and second, Painting is not regarded important for us in Algeria at least for the internal and southern towns. Besides; Philosophy was cool and entertaining because of the fact that it’s related to the society and people’s behavior. When I got my BAC I didn’t find anything interesting except for studying foreign lang-uages French/English damn I just changed English coz I don’t do good at French ugh! Now the important part is right here! Studying English affected me really, my life has changed my behaviors even my mentality… they say when you learn people’s lang-uage you take their culture somehow but for me it’s not necessarily like that way. I looked deep into their society the fact that influenced my character and got me always thinking to trip this country because it’s completely unbearable. Well let’s imagine I didn’t take my BAC how would I be? Of course I wouldn’t think the same way I’m thinking about the situation in Algeria because I didn’t travel around the world culturally! That’s why I strongly believe that education affects people’s way of living. To go farther, education has changed a lot because old generations were great at everything man look around you! What about now, compare! What you got? Hell a big difference and of course forget about technology. Education has a great effect on brains that’s why French colonizer banned el-katatib and learning in Masjids. And that’s why French obliged parents to send their children to study at French schools before the revolution started, that’s because they wanted to form unresisting generation which don’t know about their identity. You can say that they failed at that but Ben ghebrit and the chill are going to make it unless the people raised their awareness.
That’s my perspective and sorry for its length.

آخر تعديل Karim-Rap-4-Life 2015-08-14 في 20:35.
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2015-08-16, 16:48   رقم المشاركة : 7
معلومات العضو
twilight sparkle
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Dear kumus I cannot really get what you mean,but as you're living in this situation I guess it'll be better if you ask bout what u exactly wanna know bout education so I can.answer ya and so sorry I could not hand u the answers u want ;-)

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2015-08-20, 02:45   رقم المشاركة : 8
معلومات العضو
Abe_sparrow1
عضو مجتهـد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Peace be upon you all.
Personally, I don't cosider education to be synonymous with shcooling, since my own experience in school years was not that special or important in my education, except maybe for my great elementary school teacher (God bless him) who was a fantastic mentor. For that I attribute my education to old tv cartoons, books, stories, the internet, great freinds and life's hard learned lessons. However I think education can go beyond that, for I consider it a life long journey, where you keep discovering and learning about new ideas and perspectives, you've just to keep retain your childhood curiosity and if you keep an open mind, and be honest to yourself and youre principles you will gain a deeper understanding of the world and become a better human being. and the most important of all is to
be humble and enjoy learning.

But hey, what about you? I'am wondering how you feel about your education.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2015-08-31, 16:57   رقم المشاركة : 9
معلومات العضو
kmus
عضو مشارك

إحصائية العضو

B18

Ok.

I will try to answer my question regarding myself to some extent just to clarify and
since I am concerned. I will however point out first what was not good during
my school years. Again, i'm talking here about the formal classic education that one
goes through from elementary school to university.

What I learned at school was to memorize pieces of information rather than to link
them together, to be conformist and to not question what I heard nor to challenge
authorities (of the studied fields, the teacher), I learned passive reading, I learned that
i should have others opinions rather to understand them and make my own. I learned
to imitate rather than to be creative, to learn a solution rather than to think
and find it out. I studied many subjects and was not told how i can benefit from
most of them. I memorized a lot of information that I forgot or did not use at all.
We used to think that the purpose of education was to avoid falling into
delinquency and to get a descent job and that's it!

The positive things I learned are lang-uages (reading/writing, speaking), counting and
(barely) problem-solving, design and coding (these three latters are specific to my major
but useful elsewhere).

Most of the stuff I consider important and practical, I learnt it by myself through searching,
life experience or through people i met.

I may have missed some points that apply for me and others and this is why I raised
the question. Moreover, I see that the answer should be given as it gives the motivation for
education and directions to take to make the most of it.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2015-08-31, 19:58   رقم المشاركة : 10
معلومات العضو
twilight sparkle
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

456ty

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة kmus مشاهدة المشاركة
Ok.

I will try to answer my question regarding myself to some extent just to clarify and
since I am concerned. I will however point out first what was not good during
my school years. Again, i'm talking here about the formal classic education that one
goes through from elementary school to university.

What I learned at school was to memorize pieces of information rather than to link
them together, to be conformist and to not question what I heard nor to challenge
authorities (of the studied fields, the teacher), I learned passive reading, I learned that
i should have others opinions rather to understand them and make my own. I learned
to imitate rather than to be creative, to learn a solution rather than to think
and find it out. I studied many subjects and was not told how i can benefit from
most of them. I memorized a lot of information that I forgot or did not use at all.
We used to think that the purpose of education was to avoid falling into
delinquency and to get a descent job and that's

The positive things I learned are lang-uages (reading/writing, speaking), counting and
(barely) problem-solving, design and coding (these three latters are specific to my major
but useful elsewhere).

Most of the stuff I consider important and practical, I learnt it by myself through searching,
life experience or through people i met.

I may have missed some points that apply for me and others and this is why I raised
the question. Moreover, I see that the answer should be given as it gives the motivation for
education and directions to take to make the most of it.
Well I can say from the way you expressed your experience (and i'm not judging u) that you've got a passive view to education rather than positive, however I see that you've got a deep insight in analysing issues. And i'm so impressed you could spot out all these deficiencies that somehow I couldn't see ,I don't know if it's the way i've been educated or it's the way I dealt with the whole matter,but in general all what u said actually i could achieve in linking between education and real life coz i was or better say i could link each lesson to my daily experiences,I did learn how to be creative , how to make a solution and definitely I did learn how to make my voice heard and assure my own opinion in considering others', i also could prove my point of view in almost every subject i studied coz I'm from the arguing type and teachers were actually supporting this.
Well I guess we have different experiences and i let it for u to suggest the causes since it seems pretty well to be your kind of thing

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2015-08-31, 22:43   رقم المشاركة : 11
معلومات العضو
kmus
عضو مشارك

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة twilight sparkle مشاهدة المشاركة
Well I can say from the way you expressed your experience (and i'm not judging u) that you've got a passive view to education rather than positive, however I see that you've got a deep insight in analysing issues. And i'm so impressed you could spot out all these deficiencies that somehow I couldn't see ,I don't know if it's the way i've been educated or it's the way I dealt with the whole matter,but in general all what u said actually i could achieve in linking between education and real life coz i was or better say i could link each lesson to my daily experiences,I did learn how to be creative , how to make a solution and definitely I did learn how to make my voice heard and assure my own opinion in considering others', i also could prove my point of view in almost every subject i studied coz I'm from the arguing type and teachers were actually supporting this.
Well I guess we have different experiences and i let it for u to suggest the causes since it seems pretty well to be your kind of thing
here we go, good for you.
thank you for the suggestion.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2015-09-02, 21:56   رقم المشاركة : 12
معلومات العضو
twilight sparkle
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة kmus مشاهدة المشاركة
here we go, good for you.
thank you for the suggestion.
looking forward for your next debate ^^

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الكلمات الدلالية (Tags)
discussion, education, studies

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 22:59

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2024 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)