MARTIN LUTHER KING..i luv ya - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > English Club

English Club Discussions and debate about life, news and events..etc

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

MARTIN LUTHER KING..i luv ya

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2013-09-16, 16:09   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
أميرة العرب
عضو مميّز

إحصائية العضو

Icon24 MARTIN LUTHER KING..i luv ya

salééém

well today i want to share with you dear friends the story of a great MAN
i looooooooove him

enjoy and be motivated

Martin Luther King
Martin Luther King is probably the most famous person associated with the civil rights movement. King was active from the start of the Montgomery Bus Boycott of 1955 to 1956 until his murder in April 1968. To many Martin Luther King epitomised what the civil rights campaign was all about and he brought massive international cover to the movement.

[IMG]https://www.writespirit.net/wp-*******/uploads/old-images/martin-luther-king21.jpg[/IMG]

Martin Luther King was born in Atlanta, Georgia on January 15th, 1929. The church was very much a part of his life as both his father and grandfather had been Baptist preachers. They themselves were involved in the civil rights movement. By the standards of the time, King came from a reasonably comfortable background and after graduating from college in 1948 he was not sure about which profession to join. He considered a career in medicine and law but rejected both and joined the Baptist Church. He studied at the Crozer Theological Seminary in Pennsylvania. It was while studying here, that King learned about the non-violent methods used by Mahatma Gandhi against the British in India. King became convinced that such methods would be of great value to the civil rights movement.
After leaving Crozer, King got married to Coretta Scott. He became a Baptist pastor at the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church in Montgomery, Alabama. He was in Montgomery at the start of the Montgomery Bus Boycott. He was appointed the president of the Montgomery Improvement Association which was created during the boycott and he became a prominent leader of the boycott - even driving some of the black community to work as the buses had been boycotted. King was arrested for starting a boycott (an arrestable offence as a result of an obscure law that was very rarely used) and fined $500 with $500 costs. His house was fire-bombed and others involved with MIA were also intimidated - but by the end of 1956, segregation had been lifted in Montgomery and bus integration had been introduced.
Another result of the boycott was the establishment of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC). This organisation was committed to the use of non-violence and its motto was "Not one hair of one head of one person should be harmed." Martin Luther King was elected its president. The importance of the SCLC's involvement was simply because the churches that represented the black population in the South were potent organisations. Now that they had combined their power and influence, this power was multiplied.
Not long after the conclusion of the Montgomery Bus Boycott, King wrote 'Stride Towards Freedom'. This was read by some students at Greensboro, North Carolina and they started the student sit-in of the Woolworth's lunch counter which had a policy of not serving African-Americans. Though the students were frequently abused and assaulted, they never fought back. The same tactic - a non-violent response to violence - was also used by the Freedom Riders in their campaign to desegregate transport.
Buoyed by this response, King toured the country making speeches and urging more and more people to get involved in the civil rights movement. King had also noted the economic power that the black community had - as was seen in Montgomery. He tried to get communities to use companies/individual shop keepers etc. who were sympathetic to the civil rights campaign but also to boycott those who were not.
King also placed great faith in the power of the vote. Many black Americans in the South still faced enormous problems doing something as basic as registering to vote such was the intimidation they faced. In Mississippi, 42% of the state's population was black but only 2% registered to vote in the 1960 election. However, more and more did register throughout the South and in 1960, their support (70%) helped to give the Democrat J F Kennedy the narrowest of victories over Richard Nixon.
In 1963, Kennedy proposed his civil rights bill. To persuade Congress to support this bill, King, with other civil rights leaders, organised the legendary March on Washington. Baynard Rustin was given overall control of the march.
The march - officially the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom - was a major success. Held on August 28th, 1963, it attracted between 250,000 and 400,000 people. The final speaker was Martin Luther King and it was here that he made his legendary 'I have a Dream' speech which was heard throughout the world and did a huge amount to publicise the civil rights movement in America across the world. Congress did accept Kennedy's civil rights bill and it became the 1964 Civil Rights Act - a far reaching act that many saw as a fitting tribute to the assassinated Kennedy.
King then moved on to a bill that would guarantee the voting rights of the black community in America. This led to the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
From this time on, King became more and more concerned with the poverty of those in America - both black and white. For whatever reason, King became more radical - or so it seemed to those who distrusted him. He used the word "revolution" in some of his speeches and he voiced his opposition to the Vietnam War. King also became involved in trade union issues.
King had clearly made enemies in his rise to fame. At the most basic level, the KKK did what they could to tarnish his name in the South. However, it was the work done by the FBI under the leadership of J Edgar Hoover that did most damage. Rooms where King stayed during his travels were bugged and recordings of his alleged sexual improprieties were made. The FBI released such details to the press.
On April 4th, 1968, Martin Luther King was shot dead by an assassin. His death sparked off riots in many cities and 46 people were killed during these. In March 1969, James Earl Ray was found guilty of King's murder and sentenced to 99 years in prison. Many years after starting his sentence, Ray claimed that he was innocent and that he could not have killed King.

[IMG]https://www.c3centricity.com/newblog/wp-*******/uploads/2013/08/Martin-Luther-King-I-have-a-dream.jpg[/IMG]

peace

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-09-16, 16:12   رقم المشاركة : 2
معلومات العضو
أميرة العرب
عضو مميّز

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

saléém

i just can get anough of his wisedom

[IMG]https://www.nedhardy.com/wp-*******/uploads/images/2013/january/martin_luther_king_jr_quotes/martin_luther_king_jr_quotes_6.jpg[/IMG]

peace

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-09-16, 17:40   رقم المشاركة : 3
معلومات العضو
سيدة القصر الهام
عضو نشيط

الصورة الرمزية سيدة القصر الهام

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

i love him too <3

he's such a great man

nd i love che gyevara too

so if u can post fr us a new article abt ^^

thank's darling :* :*

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-09-16, 18:49   رقم المشاركة : 4
معلومات العضو
أميرة العرب
عضو مميّز

إحصائية العضو

Icon24

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة سيدة القصر الهام مشاهدة المشاركة
i love him too <3

he's such a great man

nd i love che gyevara too

so if u can post fr us a new article abt ^^

thank's darling :* :*

never mind sweetie

and inchaa allah i will post the article u asked about ASAP

peace

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-09-16, 19:55   رقم المشاركة : 5
معلومات العضو
Karim-Rap-4-Life
مشرف سابق

الصورة الرمزية Karim-Rap-4-Life

الأوسمة
العضو المميز لسنة 2013 وسام التميز في منتدى الإنجليزية المرتبة الثالثة 
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

the black Baptist minister and the leader of the civil rights Movement a heroic icon that Black people are proud of due to his oratorical speech full of motivation and standing against the ghetto life. King also took a stand in the anti-Vietnam war and wished to unite poor people of all races in a poor people’s campaign.
Being an educator and having a doctorate degree in theology means this man is really great. His death surprised both black and white people. Talking about the Martin Luther king Day did not come easily but after many debates and President Ronald Reagan declared the third Monday in January a national holiday in the honour of this great leader.
I really have a debt about his killing was conspiracy planned by a secret organisation! A dangerous and powerful which has been planning for so many years to set its strategies.
There is another black militant, “The mother of the civil right Movement” Rosa Parks (1913-2005) she was arrested, tired and fined, which sparked off a movement of protest that was to have far-reaching consequences. The Montgomery improvement Association, led by the young pastor of Dexter Avenue Baptist church, Martin Luther King, was created; a 381-day-long bus boycott began, which brought their case to the attention of the world. There are so many typical and idol personalities who sparkled from the poor conditions of the Afro-Americans like Malcom X

an African-American leader, born Malcolm Little. He joined the Black Muslims in 1952, changed his ‘slave name’ to Malcolm X and became their leader in 1963. Their aim was to create a separate African-American nation, and he encouraged them to defend themselves in violent ways. In 1964, however, he left the Black Muslims to establish the Organization of Afro-American Unity, declaring that he was in favour of peace between the races. He was murdered, probably by Black Muslims, in Harlem. He wrote The Autobiography of Malcolm X (1964), and ‘Spike’ Lee directed a film, Malcolm X (1992), with Denzel Washington in the main role.
Oxford Advanced learners dictionary

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-09-16, 20:00   رقم المشاركة : 6
معلومات العضو
Karim-Rap-4-Life
مشرف سابق

الأوسمة
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

My Question is:

Martin Luther King supported and defended Israel since day one (1948).
Why?

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-09-18, 13:07   رقم المشاركة : 7
معلومات العضو
أميرة العرب
عضو مميّز

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

saléém

yeah we all know that MLK was pro-Israel,
but i'm not saying that we should believe in everything he supported cuz only the prophet deserves this action
but the way he believed in himself and followed his dream and what he really wanted to achieve no matter how hard and difficult it was that's just inspiring
he said,"I see Israel as one of the great outposts of democracy in the world, and a marvelous example of what can be done"
it means that he was inspired by the idea of going after what you believe in
even though it was wrong sometimes

guess that's why no one is perfect, but we should learn from the others mistakes and be inteligente anough to take lessons from everyone even our enemies
no one is always right
no one is always wrong

peace

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-09-20, 10:56   رقم المشاركة : 8
معلومات العضو
Karim-Rap-4-Life
مشرف سابق

الأوسمة
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Well I have to say that I respect every body's opinion but I do not have to love him maybe I would say it if he took the same opinion for Palestine then the conclusion is I'm impressed by his attitudes but for the matter of israel's support you know how it's going
the other question is

if he supported Israel did he support Palestinian
my answer is:
they see what's going in Palestine between Jews as
Racism
but only Islam tells the truth about the jews that holy land is not their land anymore
but for Martin as a Chrestian he won't get nothing real fopr real coz it's
Interpolated

and the what he did is matching the jews problem with the Negros problem that's clue!!!!!!

any way he's free and we're free but no luv
instead it of that

Malcom X is better than

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-09-20, 13:44   رقم المشاركة : 9
معلومات العضو
أميرة العرب
عضو مميّز

إحصائية العضو

Icon24

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة Karim-Rap-4-Life مشاهدة المشاركة
Well I have to say that I respect every body's opinion but I do not have to love him maybe I would say it if he took the same opinion for Palestine then the conclusion is I'm impressed by his attitudes but for the matter of israel's support you know how it's going
the other question is

if he supported Israel did he support Palestinian
my answer is:
they see what's going in Palestine between Jews as
Racism
but only Islam tells the truth about the jews that holy land is not their land anymore
but for Martin as a Chrestian he won't get nothing real fopr real coz it's
Interpolated

and the what he did is matching the jews problem with the Negros problem that's clue!!!!!!

any way he's free and we're free but no luv
instead it of that

Malcom X is better than

salééém

well of course u are not obliged to love him
and i do respect your opinion too
because as Muslims that's what should be believed since as you said we are the only ones who know the complete truth.

thx bro

peace

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-09-20, 19:17   رقم المشاركة : 10
معلومات العضو
Karim-Rap-4-Life
مشرف سابق

الأوسمة
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

thanks again and don't hesitate to post some cool topics a susual ^^

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-09-21, 12:21   رقم المشاركة : 11
معلومات العضو
أميرة العرب
عضو مميّز

إحصائية العضو

Icon24

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة Karim-Rap-4-Life مشاهدة المشاركة
thanks again and don't hesitate to post some cool topics a susual ^^
of course bro
your interpretations and criticism are the factors that make my topics interesting

thx again 'nd see ya soon

peace

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-09-21, 19:17   رقم المشاركة : 12
معلومات العضو
Karim-Rap-4-Life
مشرف سابق

الأوسمة
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

yeah thanks for ya reply

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-10-19, 22:01   رقم المشاركة : 13
معلومات العضو
karimbs
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

hi is great man

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-10-27, 11:52   رقم المشاركة : 14
معلومات العضو
رثاآء
بائع مسجل (أ)

الأوسمة
وسام أحسن مصمم دروس 
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

of course he's great since he's from Antlanta gerogia
he was the main character in my research for human rights defenders when i was a high school student, i have a lot of respect for this man but i believe that there were a lot of important leaders back at that time like malcolm X he wa much better than MLK but i guess the media didn't put a lot of work to make his picture see the light because he was a muslim:! there is also Elijah Muhammed they devoted their lives as a human rights activists and no one would deny their efforts!

thanks a lot for this topic Ameera .

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2013-10-28, 19:49   رقم المشاركة : 15
معلومات العضو
أميرة العرب
عضو مميّز

إحصائية العضو

Rosiecheeks

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة Sarita مشاهدة المشاركة
of course he's great since he's from Antlanta gerogia
he was the main character in my research for human rights defenders when i was a high school student, i have a lot of respect for this man but i believe that there were a lot of important leaders back at that time like malcolm X he wa much better than MLK but i guess the media didn't put a lot of work to make his picture see the light because he was a muslim:! there is also Elijah Muhammed they devoted their lives as a human rights activists and no one would deny their efforts!

thanks a lot for this topic Ameera .
you are welcome sist
yeah i love MALCOM X
AND HIS SON FOLLOWED HIS LEAD

IT's so interesting

thx again
peace

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الكلمات الدلالية (Tags)
king..i, luther, martin

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 05:08

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2023 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)