منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب - عرض مشاركة واحدة - ملتقيات علمية خاصة بعلوم الطبيعة و الحياة ( البيولوجيا و البيوتكنولوجيا - الفلاحة - البيئة...)
عرض مشاركة واحدة
قديم 2011-12-29, 18:29   رقم المشاركة : 83
معلومات العضو
امل في الله اكبر
عضو مميّز

الصورة الرمزية امل في الله اكبر

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

MEDINSECT 3, Hammamet (Tunisia): May 8 – 11, 2012

An International Symposium of the Working Group “7-03-14” “ENTOMOLOGICAL RESEARCH in MEDITERRANEAN FOREST ECOSYSTEMS”of the International Union of Forestry Research Organizations –IUFRO-

Context
Mediterranean Forest Ecosystems are important biodiversity hotspots which can be found not only on countries around the Mediterranean Sea but also on other areas subjected to Mediterranean-like climate, such as South Africa, Southwestern US, Australia, Chile. Nevertheless, despite their widespread distribution and regional differences these diverse ecosystems experience similar problems worldwide, namely the risk of desertification and a high susceptibility to climatic changes, cyclic occurrence of forest fires and related soil erosion, and the impact of indigenous and introduced pests and diseases on economically important forest species.
This international symposium will once again permit the meeting of different researchers from around the world to jointly discuss their entomological problems and research priorities, further improving the current entomological knowledge on Mediterranean forest ecosystems.
The first meeting took place in 2002 in Rabat (Morocco) and the 2nd one in 2008 in Estoril (Portugal). MEDINSECT 3 will be organized by the National Institute of Research in Rural Engineering, Water and Forests (INRGREF) (Tunisia) and the University of Orleans (France). It will be take place in May 8 - 11, 2012, in Hammamet (Tunisia).

Objectives
1- to present the state of the art on research concerned on tree species suffering from insect problems or insect related diebacks (pines, oaks, Eucalyptus, Cedrus, Cupressus, etc.), alongside with research dealing with transversal approaches related the environmental problems faced by these ecosystems, namely factors affecting the biodiversity, introduction of new species and consequences of forecasted climatic changes to the these ecosystems.
2- to develop stronger cooperation and promote a Mediterranean research network in forest entomology between the different researchers world-wide.

Organization and registration
The presentations will be oral or written (posters) in either English or French. A simultaneous translation will be provided for the oral communications. The symposium will also include commented visits to some of important pine, cypress, oak and Eucalyptus forest ecosystems in Tunisia, being well representative of Mediterranean forests. Tourist visits to the Capital Tunis or to Kairouan (Center of Tunisia) are also planned, along with a typical dinner with Tunisian food. We are working on building a WEB site to which you will have access very soon.
For preliminary registration, please fill the form below and send it preferably by e-mail (or fax) to Mohamed Lahbib Ben Jamâa or Francois Lieutier (see addresses below) before February 15th, 2012. The next announcements containing information on the detailed scientific *******, accommodation and registration fees will be sent after that date to people having pre-registered.
If you have colleagues possibly interested and not in the mailing list, please pass them this first announcement.

Publication of the proceedings
Oral and written presentations will be published in English with a French summary in a special book after they are accepted by an editorial committee which will take advice from 2 independent reviewers.

Scientific organization
Both invited and voluntary presentations will take place and will be related to the following scientific topics:
- Environmental changes and response of indigenous populations
- Emerging and exotic pests
- Insects as vectors of pathogens
- Life cycles and relations with host trees
- Insect Biodiversity and population genetics
- Trends in forestry in relation to insect population management and biodiversity.

Preliminary program
Monday 7 May
Arrival of the participants and check-in in the hotels
Tuesday 8 May
Morning Opening addresses, introductory lecture, beginning of oral presentations
Afternoon Oral presentations
Wednesday 9 May
Morning Oral presentations
Afternoon Oral presentations
Thursday 10 May
Visit to north-west forests: pine (Pinus halepensis, P. pinaster), cypress (Cupressus sempervirens); Eucalyptus (E. camaldulensis, E. gomphocephala); cork oak (Quercus suber).
Friday 11 May
Morning Oral presentations
Afternoon Poster presentations and closing addresses
Evening Banquet with traditional Tunisian food
Saturday 12 May Optional touristic visit to the Capital Tunis or to Kairouan (Center of Tunisia)
Departure of the participants

Contacts
Mohamed Lahbib Ben Jamâa
Institut national de Recherches en Génie Rural Eaux et Forêts (INRGREF)
Avenue Hédi Karray
B.P. n°10, 2080 – Ariana, TUNISIA
e-mail : - البريد الإلكتروني حذف من قبل الإدارة (غير مسموح بكتابة البريد) -
Phone : + 216 71 230 039; Fax : + 216 71 717 951

François LIEUTIER
Laboratoire de biologie des ligneux et des grandes cultures (LBLGC)
Universite d’Orleans, B.P. 6759
45067 Orleans Cedex 02 France
e-mail: - البريد الإلكتروني حذف من قبل الإدارة (غير مسموح بكتابة البريد) -
Phone: 33 2 38 41 72 30; Fax.: 33 2 38 49 43 26

Timothy D. PAINE
Department of Entomology
University of California
Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Phone: (951) 827-5835; Fax: (951) 827-3086
e-mail: - البريد الإلكتروني حذف من قبل الإدارة (غير مسموح بكتابة البريد) -

Pre-registration form: First Announcement for the IUFRO symposium « Entomological research in Mediterranean forest ecosystems » in Hammamet, Tunisia, May 8 – 11, 2012.
Please file this document, fill in the requested information (places marked with *), and e-mail the completed document to:
- البريد الإلكتروني حذف من قبل الإدارة (غير مسموح بكتابة البريد) - or to:
- البريد الإلكتروني حذف من قبل الإدارة (غير مسموح بكتابة البريد) -
or fax it to:
Mohamed Lahbib Ben Jamâa: + 216 71 717 951.
Please reply by February 15, 2012 if possible.

1. Name:*

2. Institution:*

3. Mailing address:*

4. E-mail:*
5. FAX:*

6. Are you planning to attend the Symposium in Hammamet in May, 2012?
(please place an X by the appropriate answer)

*____ Yes, I definitely plan to attend.
*____ Maybe I will attend, I am not sure at this point.

7. Are you interested in presenting a paper at the meeting? (place an X by the appropriate answer, and include a tentative title for oral or poster paper)

*____ Yes, I will present an oral paper. Tentative title is:*

*____ Yes, I will present a poster paper. Tentative title is:*

*____ No, I am not interested in presenting a paper at the meeting.

8. Will you have accompanying guests who will participate in the banquet and field trips? (place an X by the appropriate answer, indicate number of adults and children, and age of children)
*___ Yes, I will participate in the banquet

* I will have *___ (number) adults and *___ (number) children (ages? *______) accompanying me who will participate in the banquet and field trips.

*___ No, I will not have accompanying guests.

9. Are you (and your accompanying guests) interested in participating in the tourist visit to the Capital Tunis or Kairouan (Center) (cost will be indicated in the second announcement) (place an X by the appropriate answer, indicate number of adults and children, and age of children)

*____ Yes, I am interested in participating. Total number of adults: *____

Total number of children: *____ Ages? *____

*____ No, I am not interested in participating.

رد مع اقتباس