The Most Used Phrases in English Conversation - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > English Learning

English Learning Ask questions about English grammar, vocabulary, usage and idioms..

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

The Most Used Phrases in English Conversation

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2017-10-08, 18:55   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي The Most Used Phrases in English Conversation

How to Check In at a Hotel:

?A: Hi miss, how are you today? Are you checking in

“—”B: Yes, I had a room reserved under the name

A: Oh ok, let me check. Oh great I found your reservation, you are in room 207.

B: Great so here are your keys and we have a complimentary continental breakfast between 7am and 10am in the lobby. Would you like a hand bringing those bags up to your room? Our bellhop can take those for you.

A: Sure, that would be great.

B: Enjoy your stay with us.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:16   رقم المشاركة : 2
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

How to Ask for More Information:

A: Lindsay, what are you doing?

B: Oh I’m trying to figure out how to make this microphone work better. It sounds kind of strange.

A: What do you mean? I think it sounds fine.

B: Do you know what my friend said? He’s an audio expert and he said that we need to improve it. I don’t know, what do you think?

A: I think it’s OK.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:17   رقم المشاركة : 3
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

I was wondering if – this is a beautiful way to strike up a conversation with someone you might know, yet you haven’t spoken to them too often. Typically it would be some occasion when you get to meet your work colleagues and talk about something else other than work-related matters!

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:17   رقم المشاركة : 4
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Sorry to bother you – this starter phrase is pretty universal and can be used in a lot of situations – ranging from chatting up strangers on the street when asking for directions and ending with addressing a busy co-worker when approaching them for advice!

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:18   رقم المشاركة : 5
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Excuse me, would you happen to know – this is another one of those phrases you can use when asking people for advice in pretty much any life situation – be it when trying to find the nearest grocery shop or when navigating a new building you’re visiting for the first time.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:18   رقم المشاركة : 6
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

What you been up to lately? – this is a great English small talk phrase used to inquire what the other person has been doing lately. You’ll probably notice that there’s something wrong with the way the sentence is constructed – it should really say “What HAVE you been up to lately?” – but guess what? It’s typical to leave out words in spoken English, and as a matter of fact, when you speak in real life, this phrase sounds more like “Watch you bin up to lately?” Try it – and you’ll realize that you sound WAY MORE native-like this way!

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:19   رقم المشاركة : 7
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

How are you getting on? – just another way of saying ‘how are you?’

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:20   رقم المشاركة : 8
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

You doing OK? – asked when the person has had some tough experience recently and you want to ask politely if they’re OK.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:20   رقم المشاركة : 9
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Hi, …! What’s new? – this is a very informal way of greeting a close friend or anyone who you see on a regular basis and you want to ask has anything happened since you last met.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:20   رقم المشاركة : 10
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Hi, …! What’s up? – the same as above with a difference that you’re probably not that interested in what news the other person might have.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:21   رقم المشاركة : 11
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Hi, …! Long time no see! – used when you haven’t seen the person for a long period of time and you want to state that fact in the greeting.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:21   رقم المشاركة : 12
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Hi, …! Have you been keeping busy? – just a standard enquiry with little or no direct meaning.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:21   رقم المشاركة : 13
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Do you mind me asking…? – a typical way of asking something that might be a slightly personal question.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:22   رقم المشاركة : 14
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

OK, here’s the thing … – a very handy way to start making your point if you’re not sure how to begin the sentence.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2017-10-08, 19:22   رقم المشاركة : 15
معلومات العضو
thebestking
عضو جديد

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Is everything OK? – this is what you’d say to a person when you see that they’re distressed and obviously not OK. Normally you’d ask this to a close friend or a work colleague – but you can also say this to a stranger you meet in the street and if it’s obvious that that person needs help.

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 06:18

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2023 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)